Recommendations On How To Write A 4-5 Page Essay
Many students get sad when they have to write a long essay; this means that they have to sacrifice their free time for study. You will be surprised to know that it is even more difficult to write a short essay. You never know what information you have to include, if you were explicit enough and if you should mention all the research methods that you used. Besides, since it’s so short your professor will ask you to read it in front of your class for everyone to hear. Here are some important recommendations:
- Write your intention in the introduction. Every essay that you write has a purpose; what are you trying to prove with your composition? What is your final goal? This will allow the readers to know what to expect from your essay. Also, you have to state the general topic in clear way. If the topic itself is confusing or unclear, they will not be tempted to read your text.
- Write the most important ideas separately. You have to do this before you even start writing your composition. Choose the most important ideas and write them on a separate paper. In this way, when you will finally write the essay itself you can be sure that you will not miss anything important. Also, this will help you achieve a good structure for your 4-5 pages essay.
- Don’t introduce unnecessary details. You have to be extremely selective with the information that you write. For example, if you use references don’t write the entire name of the book and the author. You can leave this for a separate references page. The same thing goes for quotations; it’s better if you can stay away from them completely, because they will take a lot of space without offering any crucial information.
- Don’t write your personal opinion. It’s normal to have strong opinions when it comes to sensitive issues, but this does not mean that you have to express them. Expressing your opinion will take a lot of space, and most of the time you will not prove any point with this. Instead of wasting space from your 4-5 pages essay, you might as well use it for something interesting.
- Don’t write complicated terms. If you do, you will also have to write a definition and explanation and you do not have enough space for this.