Economics research papers: what topic to choose
Writing a paper in your economics class might not be that much fun, but it can be done easily without unnecessary stress or frustration. Keep reading to find out how to pick a topic that’s right for you and how to write this paper in record time. When you have an assignment like this due, it can seem like you’re too busy for anything else in your life. But if you have a plan for the time that you do have, things will fall into place.
Start by finding out how many hours each day you can devote to this paper. Then you can make a list of each thing you need to do and about how much time it’ll take you to do it. After that, stick to your schedule and you’ll have nothing to worry about!
Finding a Good Economics Paper Topic
Here are some topic ideas that you can use for your economics research paper:
- Should marijuana be legalized? Consider the benefits of both medical and recreational uses.
- Analyse costs and benefits of gun registry
- Why are baseball stadiums often a poor investment by the government?
- Talk about violence in hockey from a social viewpoint. How could it be reduced, and does it even need to be?
- How do tariffs affect the economy?
- Consider the US government’s attempts to stop gambling online. Why are only online activities being criticized while real, physical casinos are growing and spreading successfully?
- How should universities reconsider their policies about academic misconduct regarding students?
- What might happen if the world ran out of oil?
- Does community policing trump standard police practices in being successful in reducing crime? What about the costs of both?
- What do you think about the Kyoto Protocol and how has it affected even the countries that said no? Has its existence made any difference?
Once you have a great topic, the rest will mostly fall into place. Writing the actual essay will depend a lot on what topic you’ve chosen and that makes it unique to your essay. Choose one that you are interested in, because if you’re bored writing about it, your teacher will likely be bored reading it. Your passion will show through, and if there’s even a small part of economics that you love, use that to your advantage in this project.