Physics Research Paper Topics: 10 Hints that you’ll Absolutely Love
Coming up with a research paper topic in physics is often a difficult task for you, the student. I know. I’ve been there. Thinking about writing in physics is scary enough, let alone having to come up with a research topic for a paper where you will be the one doing the research. Overwhelming writer’s block sets in, and you draw a blank. Sound familiar?
Take a breath and realize that physics does not need to be hard. Physics is not just numbers and vectors. It’s life and how our natural world works. So, make it fun like life, and choose a research topic that you like and relate to. Here are 10 hints that you’ll absolutely love.
Research Topic Ideas for Astrophysics, Time Travel and Teleportation
- Are you a fan of Star Trek? The universe is the limit. How quickly did that Borg ship travel through the wormhole? Just how does “Beam Me Up Scottie” work?
- How about Dr. Who? How exactly does that Tardis contraption work?
Research Topic Ideas for Gravity, Energy of Motion and Density
- You’ve heard, “The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree.” Does it? Research it, experiment and write about it.
- Do you have a marine aquarium? If so, you know that you regularly measure the specific gravity and then calculate the density and salinity of the water. Think about how this simple task could turn into a whole research topic for you.
Research Topic Ideas for Centrifugal Force
- You love to ride horses, western style, and you know a thing or two about performing with a lasso.
- Your favorite ride at the amusement park is the one that spins you round and round.
Research Topic Ideas for the Speed of Light and the Speed of Sound
- You love to gaze at the night sky and get a glimpse of a falling star. How long ago did that star burn out? How long did it take for you to see it?
- You love rainbows. They were your favorite thing to draw when you were a kid. How do we see the spectrum of visible light, and how are rainbows created?
- Do you find thunder and lightning storms fascinating? After the lightning flashes, do you find yourself saying, “one Mississippi, two Mississippi, …” until the next loud crash?
Research Ideas in Molecular and Atomic Physics
- Do you believe in global warming and understand why carbon dioxide is greenhouse gas?
- You love DNA and molecular biology, and you can find any excuse to talk about DNA, even in physics class.
See, research papers in physics can be fun. Because physics relates to how the whole universe works, you can write a physics research paper on almost anything. So, be creative and have fun with it.